‘Tis the season of warm food and red wine, therefore I wanted to share my own red chili recipe for you to try if you’re looking for something to make during the holidays!
What you will need
**note: I like my food spicy so be sure to adjust as needed 🙂
- 1 qt of either beef or chicken broth
- 2 packets of brown gravy mix
- 16 oz ground sausage
- 2 15 oz cans chili beans
- 1 15oz can butter beans (any white bean will do)
- 2 14.5 oz cans of green beans (I prefer the French Sliced)
- 1/2 package of sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 onion
- 5 cloves of garlic (I really like garlic – but 2-3 will do!)
- 2 medium jalapeños
Shredded cheddar cheese
Crushed red pepper
– Set your crockpot to high heat while you prep
– Dice the onion, mushrooms, and jalapeños
– Pour the broth into the crockpot
– Add in both packets of gravy mix, a little at a time, and stir continually until dissolved
– Add in the sausage and mix in with the broth
– Drain one of the cans of green beans and then add both cans in (one with the liquid, one without)
– Add in the can of butter beans with the liquid
– Add in all veggies
– Spice it how you like
Mix, mix, mix!
Slap the lid on and let that baby cook for 6-8 hours! I like to prep everything and let it start cooking either in the morning before I go to work so it’s ready for dinner or let it cook overnight and then I’ll have some for lunch and dinner the next day! When you’re ready to eat, crush up some saltines and shred some cheese and throw it on top!
If you try it out, let me know what you think!
Until next time,